Wednesday, January 14, 2004

The Return of the Wuss...

I returned to the Olympia today to attempt to start that fitness regime again. This time I managed to overcome my fear of all things sporty and made it as far as the ticket window.
"How do I go about starting?" I asked. "It's my first time in the building." A small lie here to cover up my ineptitude and act as a salve to my ego.
"You need to book an appointment at one of our first-timer courses, but the computer's down at the moment so I can't do that right now," was the apologetic reply. "If you want to wait, it may be sorted within the half hour."
I indicated the negative and inquired if I could 'phone book an appointment. Getting a positive response, I thanked them for their time and went home.
I'll give the Olympia a ring at about half past five and book for Friday. I'll get there yet!
Not only the fitness thing at the sports center, but also healthy cooking! For the first time ever I made food from base ingredients yesterday! All right, it was a vegetable soup but I feel good about this significant achievement in my lifestyle. With a bit more practice I may no longer be reliant on just heating up insta-food which I am assured will be healthier for me.

Meanwhile below decks, the crew was unhappy and the unspoken word was mutiny...

A bit dramatic, I know, but that's the way things are at work. On my department morale is at an all time low and lists of demands are currently being drawn up for management. If something isn't done soon there'll be folk walkin' the plank, mark my words.

Tune in again soon, same Blogg time, same Blogg channel.

No comments: