Sunday, July 31, 2005

Let this be a lesson to our younger readers...

I've managed to get the civil service to give me a holiday. So I've taken a holiday with my folks. If you are a regular reader of my blogg you'll know that that means a time warp to the eighties to Norn Iron.

Now, we all know that Norn Iron is a hotbed of political discourse of differing political opinions where if one side says that the sky is blue the other will say that the blue thing is not the sky and is not even blue to begin with. (Please listen to Radio Four's Now Show. Really.

But that's beside the point. The object of this blogg (while I'm drunk, Huzzah) is to advise our younger readers not to get inebriated with their progenitors.

I went for a few pints (5) with my dad in the nearby pub and then came back for Sunday dinner (not Lunch) with my mum. Bad idea. Couple alcohol with Norn Iron polarised political values and you'll find that no-one can disagree sensibly and the evening will end with staggering sixty year olds and one thirty one year old determined to write up his holiday experience all unhappy with each other.

Tomorrow, Newgrange. Europe's oldest Neolithic tomb... Maybe I can leave them there..

Blogging on and off since January 2004.

No comments: