Sunday, March 14, 2004

James Garner I'm not

It's approximately 1.15 pm. The Poker Night started at 8pm, broke up at about 11pm and I was knocked out at about 9.45pm. At least I wasn't last. The wooden spoon went to Double-Barrel, closely followed by Cool Car guy. Agent Grey was next and then it was a while until I was out. Then, simultaneously, it was Map Man and Laid Back Guy on the same hand. It was a tense last three and you could cut the atmosphere with a spatula! The winners, in reverse order, were Rules Monkey, FactorX and Socialite. They walked away with £7.50, £15 and £22.50 respectively. Much fun. It was decided afterwards that we'd have another in mid April.

Afterwards Double-Barrel and myself played some chess, myself in the manner of the Waco Kid from Blazing Saddles. (i.e. I lost and was drunk.) Yes, that's right folks, to get back to the early traditions of this Blogg, I'm posting whilst slightly sloshed! (Well almost. The Ubergeek is online at this precise moment so I'm writing this on Notepad and saving it for later.)

I'd also like to take the time to thank Agent Grey and 'Muffin for taking me on a wasted trip to Toys 'R' Us today. The plan was to find some toy money in case we didn't have enough Poker Chips. Not only was there insufficient kiddie money for our needs but Rules Monkey brought along more than enough chips. Cheers guys. :)

Tune in again soon, same Blogg time, same Blogg channel.

No comments: