Sunday, March 28, 2004

It was a fix

Just finished watching BBC's Greatest Sitcom final. It started 10 weeks ago and I was right, unfortunately. There is no accounting for the Great British Public's taste. Only Fools and Horses won, a comedy that had long since lost any appeal it once had with me yet was still served every year at Christmas like an overcooked turkey. Nuts. Shamefully, my choices didn't even get into the top three. The Good Life came ninth and Yes Minister came sixth. What was that all about?

I also watched MST3K The Movie tonight. The 50's classic This Island Earth came in for the heckling by Nelson and the robots tonight and I was disappointed to see that they didn't broadcast the whole thing. I don't know if this was because This Island Earth was edited for the MST3K treatment or ITV in it's infinite wisdom decided to edit the movie for broadcast.

Tune in again soon, same Blogg time, same Blogg channel.

No comments: