Monday, February 23, 2004

Point of View, Obi-Wan Style

"A great deal of the truths we hold dear greatly depend on our point of view."
- Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenobi, Star Wars, Episode VI, The Empire Strikes Back

I'm feeling a bit down. I'm going to try something new and a bit daft.

Old
I am 30 years old. I have no girlfriend. I'm a failure and therefore unhappy.

New
I am 30 years old. I'm a confirmed bachelor. I'm a success and therefore happy.

By changing my point of view about my relationship status, by changing from being down about having no relationship entanglements to being happy about avoiding them, I hope to cheer myself up. I don't think this worked for Luke when Obi-Wan tried this line on about Vader "killing" his dad but Star Wars taught me all I know and it's all I can think of right now.

(If this doesn't work I may have to give Misogyny or Gynophobia a go)

Tune in again soon, same Blogg time, same Blogg channel.

No comments: